Automated and computerized laboratory-pilot plant for the study of gasification process.
Due to the renewed interest on innovative ways to convert the existing fuel reserves with improved technologies like gasification, PID Eng&Tech has worked in collaboration with important researches in the field of gasification in order to develop the most versatile pilot plant existing in the market nowadays. Its versatility and complete automatization, allows the user to determine optimal experimental conditions and detecting possible operational problem in industrial gasifiers.
The most outstanding feature of the plant is its feeding system (pending patent), which has been developed by PID Eng&Tech and can feed up to 1.5 kg/h of different solids and mixtures in an homogenous, constant and reproducible way. The design of the system prevents hot gases from entering in the feeding hopper, which would ruin the experiment.
- The reactor is divided in reactor zone and freeboard zone. The operating homogeneous temperature is up to 900ºC.
Reactor zone is Ø = 3” and length = 770 mm. Freeboard zone is Ø = 5” and length = 535 mm.
- The pressure is measured drop inside reactor, for fluidization speed determination.
- Particle removal system is installed to collect char and ashes from bed in continuous during the experiments.
- The radiant type furnace reaches 1000ºC and has two zones to improve the uniform temperature.
Gasifying agent inlets
- Gases streams (air, O2) for fluidize the bed and gasify are preheated up to 350ºC - 400 ºC.
- Water is fed by means of an alternative positive displacement pump and vaporized up to 350ºC - 400 ºC.
- Secondary air is introduced in the middle of the reactor.
Continuous and non-fluctuation feeding system consists of 10 litres hopper and two screw feeders. The solid flow is constant from 0.2 to 1.5 Kg/h.
- A nitrogen flow will continuously flush the dosing screw, promoting the motion of the solids.
- Two cyclones connected in series and heated up to 400ºC, allow removing solid particles from gas stream.
- A SS316 Shell and multitube heat exchanger is used to cool the hot gases and condense tar and steam.
- Two filter placed in parallel allows to cleaning product gas from smaller particles which are not separated in cyclones.
-The process variables are controlled by independent PID controllers.
-A Programmable Logic Controller controls the alarms of the plant, launching the corresponding actions in case of failure.
- The software is responsible of process monitorization, data acquisition and registration and experiment automation.
- Liquid feeding system (for glycerin).
- Gas meter.
- Tar collection system.
- Additional hopper for solid feeding system.